Check out this black bean and spinach enchiladas recipe. It’s packed with flavor, comes together quickly, and reheats beautifully!
These are my favorite Thursday night dinners. It takes a little bit more time in the kitchen, but they feel so festive and you can nom on the leftovers all week. One very important thing to note is that I use FRESH tortillas from Sam’s Club. My Sam’s has them made daily, but if you don’t want to drop the extra $45 a year for the variety of Sam’s Club advantages, use your local tortilla lady or find some at the Hispanic market. Just get you some fresh flour tortillas for these enchiladas.
The veggies in these enchiladas can be switched out to whatever veggies you are feeling at the moment. I am a fan of black beans and spinach, but I wouldn’t kick zucchini or squash out out bed either. You can also sub cheese to make these vegan, and use corn tortillas to make them gluten free. It’s your life!
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 chipotle pepper diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper de-seeded and diced
- 2 cans red enchilada sauce 12 oz
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 spoonful garlice minced
- 1 pack tortillas corn or flour
- 1 can black beans rinsed
- 1 bag spinach
- Start by sautéing the onions and garlic until the onions become translucent and fragrant. Throw your jalapeño in the mix and let soften. Add your adobo chili, and cook until everything is combined.
- Then, add your beans and spinach, along with about 1/4 cup of enchilada sauce.
- Put your tortillas in the microwave for about 10 seconds so they soften and don't break.
- Fill your casserole dish with some more enchilada sauce and use your shredded cheese and black bean and spinach mix to stuff the enchiladas.
- When you run out of room in your dish, eat the rest of the filling with tortilla chips. Trust.
- Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the top along with the rest of your shredded cheese.
- Bake in the oven, covered at 350 degrees for about 35 mins, and broil for a few minutes at the end to get the cheese nice and bubbly.
- Let rest, serve with sour cream and avocado!